March 6, 2017
JOB TITLE: PREPRIMARY ASSISTANT TEACHER
The Ancona School seeks a full-time Assistant Teacher for an early childhood Montessori classroom beginning September, 2017. Assistant teachers at Ancona provide support for the overall smooth functioning of the classroom, including care of the children and maintenance of the Montessori environment. This is an excellent opportunity to learn and implement the principles of Montessori education with a master teacher and to join a vibrant learning community.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Support Head Teacher in all classroom functions
- Plan and prepare lessons with the Head Teacher
- Learn about and build a Montessori-based learning environment
- Make time to meet with Head Teacher regularly to keep communication, relationship, and instructional work aligned and well prepared
- Accompany students on field trips, nap time, arrival and dismissal
- Aid students in promoting social and emotional learning
- Repetitive motion
- Sedentary work, light work, medium work
- Close visual acuity
- Inside and outside environmental conditions
- Respect for children
- Passion for education
- Openness to growth and change
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
Exempt; Monday-Friday, 7:50am-3:30pm
Required Education and Experience
Bachelor’s or associate degree; minimum of 1 year working with children ages 3-5 in an educational setting
Preferred Education and Experience
Montessori training, or Montessori certification
Fluency in Spanish
Familiarity with children with special needs
Familiarity with Montessori education
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
None required for this position.
It is the policy of Ancona School not to discriminate against any employee or any applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, handicap, sex, physical condition, developmental disability, sexual orientation or national origin. This policy shall include, but not be limited to, the following: recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, compensation, selection for training including apprenticeship, layoff and termination.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Click here to email a cover letter and resumé.