The Ancona School is proud of its historic commitment to educating an economically, culturally and racially diverse population of children. Tuition assistance plays an important role in that commitment. Like other independent schools, we assume that parents and other critical adults in a child’s life bear the primary responsibility for the cost of an independent education, and we expect that they will make tuition a top priority for their discretionary spending. Tuition assistance is available to fill the gap between the cost of tuition and what a family, broadly defined, can reasonably be expected to pay — to the extent that our limited funds make possible.
We partner with School and Student Services (SSS) by NAIS in our financial aid process. To begin your financial aid application, you will complete SSS’s Parents’ Financial Statement (PFS).
The PFS is a comprehensive application that will take some time to complete. Give yourself the time you need by not waiting until the deadline to begin. You’ll need your most recent tax return before beginning the PFS. We also recommend that you review the wide range of materials that SSS has put together to help families with the financial aid process. They can be found at sssbynais.org/parents.
We will communicate our tuition assistance decision to you. We use the information from the PFS as a starting point, but also consider our school policy, practices, and available budget when making tuition assistance decisions.
KEY INFORMATION YOU WILL NEED TO COMPLETE THE PFS
Our School’s Full Name: THE ANCONA SCHOOL
Our School’s SSS Code: 1289
Tax Forms: We require copies of your family’s 2015 State and Federal Income tax return documents and 2016 W-2/1099 forms to be uploaded as part of your PFS. For income verification purposes, we also require your completed 2016 tax return documents to be uploaded upon completion. Please consult the Tuition Assistance Timeline below for specific dates and deadlines.
PFS Completion Policy: We require the Parents’ Financial Statement, including all required tax documents (see below), from each of a child’s parents. Divorced, separated or never married parents must each complete the PFS. Simply stating that one parent cannot or will not contribute to tuition will disqualify your application. If the whereabouts of the second parent are unknown, you must submit a notarized statement from a qualified 3rd party (attorney, clergyman, mental health professional, etc.) verifying the circumstances.
Tuition Assistance and School and Student Services
All information is kept in strictest confidence, available only to those individuals directly concerned with the granting of aid at the Ancona School.
Email us at gro.l1490841508oohcs1490841508anocn1490841508a@ecn1490841508atsis1490841508sanoi1490841508tiut1490841508
or call 773-924-2356
Tuition Assistance Timeline
|Returning Ancona Students||New Ancona Students|
|PFS/SSS Application Opens||10/24/2016||10/24/2016|
|PFS/SSS Application Due||12/2/2016||1/13/2017|
|Ancona School Application Due (new families only)||12/16/2016|
|4506-T Form Uploaded||12/2/2016||1/30/2017|
|2015 State and Federal Income Tax Return Documents Uploaded||12/16/2016||1/27/2017|
|Ancona Institutional Aid Application Uploaded||2/6/2017||2/6/2017|
|2016 W-2 and/or 1099 forms uploaded||2/6/2017||2/6/2017|
|2017-2018 Contracts Sent to Families||2/15/2017||3/10/2017|
|Signed Contracts Returned to Ancona||3/1/2017||3/17/2017|
Though the Tuition Assistance application process is the same for all students, some deadlines differ for returning Ancona students and new Ancona students.
Returning Ancona Students: Any student who is returning to Ancona for the 2017-2018, regardless of previous Tuition Assistance status.
New Ancona Students: A student that is new to the Ancona School.
See the Tuition Assistance Timeline above for specific document due dates
- Completed 2015 State and Federal Income Tax Returns
- Signed Form 4506-T
- 2016 W-2 and/or 1099 forms
- Completed 2016 State and Federal Income Tax Returns (for income verification)
HOW TO COMPLETE THE PARENTS’ FINANCIAL STATEMENT (PFS) ONLINE
- Beginning October 24, 2016, go to https://sss.secure.force.com/familyportal
- Create your PFS Online account with your email address and a password. If you are a current Ancona family and applied for financial aid last year, simply login to the PFS Online as a Returning Family, using the email address and password you set up last year.
- Begin a PFS for Academic Year 2017-18. You can log out of the PFS Online at any time, then return later to complete it.
- After you have pressed submit, you’ll be brought to a payment screen. The fee of $48 is nonrefundable. Once your PFS is submitted, it cannot be withdrawn from the SSS system.
- After you pay for and submit your PFS, you’ll have access in the PFS Online to a section called “My Documents.” You can upload the additional documents we require there.
HOW TO SUBMIT ADDITIONAL REQUIRED DOCUMENTS ONLINE
All supplemental documents must be submitted online. Documents submitted directly to Ancona will not be considered.
- Prepare your documents to be uploaded. Make sure the documents are on your computer, each saved as a separate file. Remove any security or password protection from your document files.
- Return to the PFS Online and login.
- Select the Academic Year 2017-18 button.
- From the PFS Online, click on the “My Documents” tab.
- On the “My Documents” page, you will see an upload button or a hyperlink next to a specific document name in the “Required Documents” section of the PFS. Clicking either the upload button or a hyperlink will lead you through a series of steps allowing you to name, locate and save the file.
- Once you have uploaded a document, the date will appear in the “Date Uploaded” column within minutes of the upload. Some tax documents go through a verification process. It can take up to 48 hours for the verification process to complete.