Dear Ancona Community,
Expect to see some changes to the Preprimary program in the 2017-2018 school year. These changes were made to offer more options to more families. We know that the wide variety of family needs means that Ancona must create programming that is both flexible and abundant throughout the school year.
The major change is that all Preprimary classrooms will only offer Half Day and School Day and parents will have the option to select before or after school care a-la-carte. The All Year and Full Day programs will no longer be offered.
2017-2018 Preprimary Program Schedule
|Before School||7:15 a.m. - 8:05 a.m|
|Half Day Ends||12:00 p.m.|
|School Day Ends||3:00 p.m.|
|After School Ends||5:45 p.m.|
|Ancona Extra||Conference days, some holidays and breaks (TBD)|
- We’re expanding our Preprimary offerings for Before Care, After Care, and Ancona Extra! All three Preprimary classrooms will follow the regular school calendar.
- We will continue offering the Half Day Montessori option for P3s and P4s. Half Day Montessori will run 8:05 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Before School will continue to run 7:15 a.m. – 8:05 a.m. Parents who register can drop off their children any time until 7:45 a.m.
- A Preprimary After School program will run from 3:00 – 5:45 p.m. Snack will be provided by Ancona. Pick-up can occur any time between 3:00 and 5:45 p.m. Parents can sign-up for five days a week or just the days they need!
- Our faculty and staff will work hard to create smooth transitions between the regular school day and the Before/After School programs.
- On some of the days when school is not in session, we will offer AnconaExtra for preprimary students. These days are flexibly programmed with a variety of fun activities, but are separate from our Montessori program. You can register for as few or as many as fits your schedule.
- Although we haven’t finalized the dates for next school year, we hope to offer AnconaExtra for part of winter break and spring break, parent-teacher conference days, Indigenous People’s Day, and President’s Day.
- In addition, we will continue to offer a Preprimary summer program. More details to come soon!
- For families with children in Grades 1-8 the existing auxiliary options will remain the same, with the addition of more AnconaExtra days.
If you have any questions, please contact Head of School Ari Frede gro.l1547656384oohcs1547656384anocn1547656384a@ede1547656384rfa1547656384 or Assistant Head of School Nancy Nassr gro.l1547656384oohcs1547656384anocn1547656384a@rss1547656384ann1547656384