Thank you for your interest in the Ancona School!
To Begin Your Application – Complete the “Start the Application Process” Form
This form (above) is the first step in our admissions process, and is required of all families that are interested in joining the Ancona learning community.
If you have more than one child applying, this form only needs to be completed for one child. You can apply for additional siblings on the Admissions Progress page using the “Apply Another Child” button.
We are accepting applications on a rolling basis for the 2020-2021 Academic Year.
Student Visits and Parent Interviews
After you apply, your family will receive an invitation to join us for an interview. Adults meet with a member of our admissions team while your child spends time in a classroom for a student visit.
Parent interviews last about 30-45 minutes. Student visits vary in length depending on the age of the applicant:
- 30 minutes for preprimary (3 years through kindergarten);
- a half school day for 1st grade (1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.); and
- a full school day (8:05 a.m. – 3:15 p.m.) for 2nd-8th grades.
Admissions Open Houses
To attend an Admissions Open House, please register at the links below. This year, our Open House Dates are:
- Saturday, October 19, 12:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, November 13, 9:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
- Tuesday, December 10, 2019 from 9:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
- Wednesday, January 15, 2020 from 9:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
- Thursday, February 13, 2020 from 9:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
- Wednesday, April 15, 2020 from 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
We encourage all applicant families to schedule a 30-minute classroom observation, which can be scheduled on school days from November 1 to May 15.
Please note that admissions decisions cannot be made until all requested documents are submitted and your family has completed both a student visit and a parent interview.