AUXILIARY PROGRAM STAFF
The Auxiliary Program staff member is responsible for supervising groups of children ages 3-14 and planning non-facilitator led programs during After School, Ancona Extra (school days off), and during select evening events. The Auxiliary Program staff member works closely with the Director of Auxiliary Programs as well as other Educators, Administrators, and Program Facilitators.
Reasonable Accommodation/Essential Duties of the Job
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The Auxiliary Program staff member is responsible for supervising children ages 3-14 on the playground and inside school classrooms, ensuring student safety, and adhering to established zones of supervision
- The position is responsible for keeping accurate daily attendance records and navigating attendance documents using Google suite
- The position will distribute daily snacks to children after school and on school days off
- The position will create and lead outdoor and indoor games and activities each day
- The position will be familiar with school policies and guidelines and consistently demonstrate our peaceful learning community norms
- The position will set up and take down tables and benches in the auxiliary program room each day
- The position is responsible for cleaning up after snacks and leaving a clean and hygienic space each day
- The position will be familiar with individual student schedules and read daily emails from the Director of Auxiliary Programs to stay updated on changes in student pick up times
- The position will be familiar with students’ families and caregivers as well as adult guardians authorized for student pick up
- The position is responsible for leading groups of children on any local field trips during school days off under the guidance of the Director of Auxiliary Programs, including while traveling to and from the field trip destination
- The position works closely with the Director of Auxiliary Programs as well as other Educators, Administrators, and Program Facilitators.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
- Balancing. Maintaining body equilibrium to prevent falling and walking, standing or crouching on narrow, slippery, or erratically moving surfaces. This factor is important if the amount of balancing exceeds that needed for ordinary locomotion and maintenance of body equilibrium.
- Standing. Particularly for sustained periods of time.
- Walking. Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances or moving from one site to another.
- Talking. Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Hearing. Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to make the discriminations in sound.
- Medium work. Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- The worker is subject to environmental conditions. Protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes.
- Supervision of children ages 3 years old to 14 years old
- Communication Proficiency
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Decision Making Proficiency and use of good judgment
Position Type/Expected Hours and Schedule of Work
Nonexempt; 3pm-6pm for After School, 8 hour shifts between 7am-6pm for Ancona Extra
Programming occurs Monday-Friday between early September and mid-June.
Note: School breaks and holidays will be noted on the school calendar and communicated ahead of time by Director of Auxiliary Programs
0 – 10% local
Required Education and Experience
Bachelors or Associate degree, Minimum of three to five years of experience working with children in a school, summer camp, auxiliary program, or childcare setting
Preferred Education and Experience
Experience working in an independent school or progressive education setting
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
None required for this position
It is the policy of Ancona School not to discriminate against any employee or any applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, handicap, sex, physical condition, developmental disability, sexual orientation or national origin. This policy shall include, but not be limited to, the following: recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, compensation, selection for training including apprenticeship, layoff and termination.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Please fill out and attach a job application form and send to a: