Looking for a highly motivated, dependable custodian who takes pride in their work.
The Ancona School (a small, private school serving pre-K through 8th grade) is looking to fill a Custodian position. The school is located in the Kenwood neighborhood.
Hours: 6:00 am – 1:30/2:30 pm (35 – 40 hours per week, 12 months per year, some overtime is required)
Hourly Wage: $19 per hour
Requirements: High School diploma or equivalent preferred. Previous custodial experience preferred. Must be capable of physically performing the job requirements (ie. stand/walk for long periods of time, bend, kneel, lift, reach, work in the cold/heat when performing outside duties). Must understand working within a school environment where discretion and appropriate behavior is required at all times. References required. Background check required.
Essential Duties of the Job:
- Cleans assigned school facilities using various cleaning compounds (e.g. classrooms, offices, common areas, restrooms, multi-purpose rooms, grounds) for the purpose of maintaining a sanitary, safe and attractive environment.
- Set-ups and takes-down furnishings and equipment for classroom activities and events.
- Assists in the maintenance of landscape and exterior (e.g. picks up trash, shovels snow, spreads deicer on pavement, blows and rakes up leaves, etc.) for the purpose of maintaining a safe and attractive facility for children and the public to enter and exit.
- Directs traffic during morning drop-off of students.
- Responsible for securing the facility and the exterior grounds as trained to ensure the safety of the students, faculty and staff.
- Helps respond to immediate safety and/or operational concerns (e.g. spills, facility failure/damage, alarms etc.) to maintain a functioning and operational educational environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
It is the policy of Ancona School not to discriminate against any employee or any applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, handicap, sex, physical condition, developmental disability, sexual orientation or national origin.
Interested candidates should submit complete this form, and submit it along with a cover letter and resume, in one PDF, to: as soon as possible.