Date: June 15, 2020
Job Title: Facilities Manager
The facilities manager is responsible for managing the design, planning, construction and maintenance of equipment, machinery, buildings and other facilities. The position plans, coordinates, budgets and schedules facility modifications, including estimates on equipment, labor materials and other related costs.
Reasonable Accommodation/Essential Duties of the Job
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Oversees the coordination of building space allocation and layout, and facility expansion.
- Plans budgets and schedules facility modifications, including cost estimates.
- Inspects/manages construction and installation projects. Interfaces with the community over the progress of the projects and the city with permits and licenses.
- Coordinates and oversees facilities repairs, replacement, and special maintenance projects
- Manages preventive maintenance of facility equipment, including boiler, HVAC, and other facilities infrastructure.
- Manages and oversees the maintenance of landscape and snow removal for all facilities
- Oversees the cleaning and maintenance of all facility offices, classrooms, gym, and common spaces including coordinating deep cleaning and school readiness that occur during the summer and holiday break.
- Manages traffic control for morning drop off during the school year
- Ascending or descending ladders, stairs, scaffolding, ramps, poles and the like, using feet and legs and/or hands and arms. Body agility is emphasized.
- Maintaining body equilibrium to prevent falling and walking, standing or crouching on narrow, slippery, or erratically moving surfaces.
- Bending body downward and forward by bending spine at the waist.
- Bending legs at knee to come to a rest on knee or knees.
- Bending the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine.
- Moving about on hands and knees or hands and feet.
- Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
- Particularly for sustained periods of time.
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances or moving from one work site to another.
- Using upper extremities to press against something with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward or outward.
- Using upper extremities to exert force in order to draw, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion.
- Raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position-to-position.
- Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to make the discriminations in sound.
May be exposed to extreme cold or heat as the duties are often performed outside. May be exposed to pesticides or cleaning compounds during the normal course of performing the essential duties of the job.
- Customer/Client Focus.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Project Management.
This position supervises various contracting crews, janitors, and building maintenance personnel.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
Exempt/7:00am – 3:00pm
0 – 10% local
Minimum Education and Experience
Three to five years of progressive experience working as an assistant facilities manager or supervisor in a large facility, 30,000 square ft. or more.
Preferred Education and Experience
Skilled in trade, three to five years’ experience working in a school environment.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Ability to pass a background check
Ability to build amicable relationships across the school community
Flexible with changing priorities
Ability to embrace the philosophy and mission of the school
It is the policy of our school not to discriminate against any employee or any applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, handicap, sex, physical condition, developmental disability, sexual orientation or national origin. This policy shall include, but not be limited to, the following: recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, compensation, selection for training including apprenticeship, layoff and termination.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.