THIS POSITION HAS BEEN FILLLED
Part-time Learning Specialist
Ancona School seeks an education professional with a successful track record to provide support to classroom teachers and their students with diverse learning needs, particularly those experiencing challenges in reading, writing, and math, as well as in areas related to executive functioning.
The Learning Specialist will work closely with colleagues on the Student Support Team (SST) and Ancona faculty to assist students with learning differences that require differentiated instruction, classroom modifications. accommodations. and remedial instruction. The Learning Specialist will participate in established relevant student record keeping and the development of individualized learning plans (i.e., Student Support Plans).
This position is part-time, averaging 25 hours per week, for the 2019-2020 academic year, beginning in August 2019.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Essential Job Functions
- support students with learning challenges in the areas of reading, writing, math, executive functioning, and self-advocacy, both in the classroom and in small pullout groups.
- assist classroom teachers in differentiating instruction in a manner consistent with evidence-based educational practices, including modeling lessons and co-teaching.
- work with multi-level teachers and auxiliary program staff to integrate knowledge and strategies across all aspects of a student’s school life.
- support students in their use of assistive technology.
- identify and utilize special materials and teaching strategies pertinent to individual student and staff needs.
- assist in the implementation of behavior management plans.
- provide appropriate activities and opportunities to enhance students’ understanding of their learning profiles and to develop self-advocacy skills.
- meet regularly with classroom teachers and the Student Support Team to discuss students and their progress.
- participate in multidisciplinary staffings that include parents, speech-language therapists, occupational therapists, tutors, psychologists, etc.
- meet with parents and teachers on a regular basis to discuss student progress and making needed adjustments to the Student Support Plan.
- Experience working with children with learning difficulties in the areas of reading decoding, reading comprehension, math computation and reasoning, written expression skills, and organizational strategies.
- Degree in special education, learning disabilities, and/or language-based learning disabilities.
- CPR/First Aid certification (preferred)
- Pass a background check
- Have the physical capacity to work with children preschool through 8th grade
- Reaching, standing, walking, lifting, feeling, talking, hearing
- Repetitive motion
- Sedentary work, light work, medium work
- Close visual acuity
It is the policy of Ancona School not to discriminate against any employee or any applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, handicap, sex, physical condition, developmental disability, sexual orientation or national origin. This policy shall include, but not be limited to, the following: recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, compensation, selection for training, including apprenticeship, layoff and termination.
Please fill out a job application form and send it along with your resumé and cover letter to gro.l1571599673oohcs1571599673anocn1571599673a@boj1571599673-tsil1571599673aicep1571599673s-gni1571599673nrael1571599673
All inquiries are treated confidentially.