BEFORE YOU BEGIN
Medical Forms and Deadlines
A physical exam and immunization records are both required before your child may begin at Ancona. If your student is starting in September, health forms are due July 15. If starting mid-year, please be sure to submit medical forms as soon as possible upon signing your contract.
What to Expect from Ancona
You can expect to receive the following items and invitations over the next few months. If for some reason you don’t receive any of these items, please contact us.
• Within one week of signing your contract, you’ll receive a welcome email letting you know that you have full access to My Ancona, our student information system, where you’ll need to fill out required forms. Please be sure to review the My Ancona FAQ‘s Getting Started section for more detailed information on how to adjust privacy settings, subscribe to classroom communications, and adjust your profile and contact information.
• Weekly email newsletters starting in the fall. Please whitelist or add the address info “at” anconaschool.org (replace “at” with “@”) to your email contacts to ensure that important emails don’t end up in your Spam folder.
• Other emails from the Ancona School regarding community-wide events, updates, and other initiatives.
• A welcome letter from your child(ren)’s teacher over the summer.
• An introductory email from your child(ren)’s room parent(s). Room parents are a critical resource to many new families. They support the classroom teacher with announcements, activities, and overall community engagement.
• Emails from your child(ren)’s teacher(s) directed toward the parents in their class(es)
• An invitation to order prepared lunches from the Gourmet Gorilla service.
My Ancona also houses our password-protected, teacher-maintained classroom websites that connect to your child’s learning experience. View photos, units of study, homework assignments, and more. You should already have the necessary log-in information since it’s the same as what you used to go through the admissions and contract process. Once you have an enrolled student, you’ll have access to the Parent Resource Board, which is designed to be a portal to access information useful for Ancona parents.
In addition to the public-facing calendar found on this website, a personalized My Ancona calendar also shows your child(ren)’s schedule and classroom specific events. Please visit the My Ancona FAQ for details about how you can subscribe the calendar feeds.
It doesn’t take long after you are enrolled to begin receiving our newsletter, sent weekly via email throughout the school year and every other week over the summer. Some of these updates are also available on our blog and in your My Ancona newsfeed.
Supplemental Learning Resources
As a benefit to Ancona families, subscription sites such as World Book Encyclopedia are available to Ancona families, and can be found on the Online Student Resources page of My Ancona.
Find out about our After School offerings and how to sign up.
Drop Off and Pick Up
Make sure to review this handy guide to drop off, pick up, and the dismissal car line.
Visit the athletics page to learn more about sports and athletics at Ancona.
We can’t do it without your help! Find out how you can get involved on our Volunteer page.
The family directory is searchable by parent name, student name, grade level, or homeroom. While your name probably isn’t in the directory yet, please check back after your child starts at Ancona to make sure that you are that you are listed correctly.
We appreciate your support!