Interim Head of School
773.924.2356 Ext. 253
773.924.2356 Ext. 229
Marketing and Communications Manager
773.924.2356 Ext. 224
Director of Technology
773.924.2356 Ext. 228
Director of Institutional Advancement
773.924.2356 Ext. 226
Looking for someone else? Here is the complete list of Ancona Faculty and Administrators
BEFORE YOU BEGIN
New Parent Registration
All parents of new students must fill out the Ancona New Student Registration Form one week before the first day of school for the new student. If the new student has siblings who already attend Ancona, the form will conveniently allow you to choose to use the same parent contact info, authorized pickup and emergency contact information.
Medical Forms and Deadlines
A physical exam and immunization record is required before your child may begin at Ancona. Forms are due July 15 (if starting in September). If starting mid-year please be sure to submit medical forms submitted as soon as possible.
Getting Ready for School
Designed for incoming Preprimary parents, this guide gives detailed advice on everything you as a parent need to do to get your child ready to thrive at Ancona.
What to Expect from Ancona
You can expect to receive the following items and invitations over the next few months. If for some reason you don’t receive any of these items, please contact us.
• An invitation to the My Classrooms website, which runs on the PowerSchool Learning platform.
• An open invitation for your entire family to attend the annual back to school Fun Run and Ice Cream Social. Fall, 2017 date to be announced.
• An invitation to the New Parent Orientation. This orientation is essential and occurs prior to the first week of school. We also integrate a Technology Open House into the New Parent Orientation program. All parents are encouraged to attend this meeting as much of our administration will be available to answer any pressing questions. Fall, 2017 date to be announced.
• Weekly newsletters starting in the fall. Please whitelist and/or add to your email contacts the address info “at” anconaschool.org (replace “at” with “@”).
• Periodic emails from “The Ancona School” regarding community-wide events and initiatives.
• A welcome letter from your child(ren)’s teacher over the summer.
• In the fall, expect to receive an introductory email from your room parent(s). Room parents are a critical resource to many new families. They support the classroom teacher with announcements, activities and overall community engagement.
• Emails from your child(ren)’s teacher(s) directed toward the parents in their class(es)
• An invitation to order prepared lunches from the Gourmet Gorilla service.
Classroom websites that are password protected and teacher maintained. Connecting to your child’s learning experience is a click away. View photos, units of study, homework assignments and more. Expect an invitation with login credentials in early July, or if starting mid-year, shortly after you submit your contract.
An interactive guide that provides an in-depth look at what we teach, who we teach, and how we teach.
Check the calendar for important dates and events. If you use an electronic calendar, be sure to subscribe to the calendar feed.
Parent News & Newsletters
It doesn’t take long after you are enrolled to begin receiving our newsletter, sent weekly via email throughout the school year. Some of these updates are also available on the Parent News page for your convenience.
Summer Reading List by Grade Level – Librarian, Marsha Stewart’s Top Pics!
Supplemental Learning Resources
As a benefit to Ancona families, supplemental online resources such as World Book Encyclopedia, Lexia, and Dreambox are available to families throughout the school year. You will be provided with the access codes upon the start of school. If applicable, programs are accessible through My Classrooms login.
The after school page will get you started on registering for after school and other exciting programming.
Visit the athletics page to get started with sports and athletics at Ancona.
We can’t do it without your help! Find out how you can get involved at the Volunteer page.
The family directory is searchable by parent name, student name, grade level, or homeroom. While your name probably isn’t in the directory yet, please do make sure that you are listed correctly after your child begins.
We appreciate your support!