BEFORE YOU BEGIN
Medical Forms and Deadlines
A physical exam and immunization records are both required before your child may begin at Ancona. If your student is starting in September, health forms are due July 15. If starting mid-year, please be sure to submit medical forms as soon as possible upon signing your contract.
Tune your inbox settings
Be sure to add the following emails to your address book or email contacts to ensure that they are not blocked by your email system (spaces are added to the addresses as displayed here to prevent spam – be sure to remove spaces when adding to your address book).
All of your child’s teachers email addresses, which (in the fall) can be found by visiting your student’s “progress” page (click “Children” or your child’s name at the top left portion of My Ancona), then scroll down to view classes and teacher emails.
Opt into Notifications from My Ancona
Teachers will often share information about what’s happening in their classroom by posting it to the “News” or “What’s happening” portion of their classroom bulletin board. To get an email when these posts are made, you must opt-in by following these directions.
Note that teachers also have a way of emailing all parents for their class, and will use this method for communications that are important for all parents to read.
What to Expect from Ancona
You can expect to receive the following items and invitations over the next few months. If for some reason you don’t receive any of these items, please contact us.
• Over the summer (or if starting mid-year, shortly after you’ve signed your contract), forms for “New Student Profile,” “Allergies and Conditions,” and “Emergency Contacts” will appear on the forms page of My Ancona. Please be sure to review the My Ancona FAQ‘s Getting Started section for more detailed information on how to adjust privacy settings, subscribe to classroom communications, and adjust your profile and contact information.
• Weekly email newsletters starting in the fall.
• Other emails from the Ancona School regarding community-wide events, updates, and other initiatives.
• A welcome letter from your child(ren)’s teacher over the summer.
• An introductory email from your child(ren)’s room parent(s). Room parents are a critical resource to many new families. They support the classroom teacher with announcements, activities, and overall community engagement.
• Emails from your child(ren)’s teacher(s) directed toward the parents in their class(es)
• Information regarding options for prepared lunches from The Grill Catering service.
My Ancona also houses our password-protected, teacher-maintained classroom websites that connect to your child’s learning experience. View photos, units of study, homework assignments, and more. You should already have the necessary log-in information since it’s the same as what you used to go through the admissions process. Once you have an enrolled student, you’ll have access to the Parent Resource Board, which is designed to be a portal to access information useful for Ancona parents.
In addition to the public-facing calendar found on this website, a personalized My Ancona calendar also shows your child(ren)’s schedule and classroom-specific events. Please visit the My Ancona FAQ for details about how you can subscribe the calendar feeds.
It doesn’t take long after you are enrolled to begin receiving our newsletter, sent weekly via email throughout the school year and every other week over the summer. Some of these updates are also available on our blog and in your My Ancona newsfeed.
Supplemental Learning Resources
As a benefit to Ancona families, subscription sites such as World Book Encyclopedia are available to Ancona families, and can be found on the Online Student Resources page of My Ancona.
Find out about our After School offerings and how to sign up.
Drop Off and Pick Up
Make sure to review this handy guide to drop off, pick up, and the dismissal process.
Visit the athletics page to learn more about sports and athletics at Ancona.
We can’t do it without your help! Find out how you can get involved on our Volunteer page.
The family directory is searchable by parent name, student name, grade level, or homeroom. Each July, new students become visible in the family directory, so it’s a good idea to check to make sure everything is showing up as it should. By default only student names, grade levels, homerooms, and their parental contact info is shared with other parents. You can fine-tune what information you’d like to share about yourself and your child by adjusting your privacy settings in My Ancona.
We appreciate your support!