Interim Head of School
773.924.2356 Ext. 253
773.924.2356 Ext. 229
Marketing and Communications Manager
773.924.2356 Ext. 224
Director of Technology
773.924.2356 Ext. 228
Director of Institutional Advancement
773.924.2356 Ext. 226
Looking for someone else? Here is the complete list of Ancona Faculty and Administrators
BEFORE YOU BEGIN
Medical Forms and Deadlines
A physical exam and immunization record is required before your child may begin at Ancona. Forms are due July 15 (if starting in September). If starting mid-year please be sure to submit medical forms submitted as soon as possible.
What to Expect from Ancona
You can expect to receive the following items and invitations over the next few months. If for some reason you don’t receive any of these items, please contact us.
• An invitation to My Ancona, our learning management and student information system.
• An open invitation for your entire family to attend the annual back to school Fun Run and Ice Cream Social on September 23, 2018.
• An invitation to the New Parent Orientation on September 4, 2018. This orientation is essential and occurs prior to the first day of school. We also integrate a Technology Open House into the New Parent Orientation program. All parents are encouraged to attend this meeting as much of our administration will be available to answer any pressing questions.
• Weekly newsletters starting in the fall. Please whitelist and/or add to your email contacts the address info “at” anconaschool.org (replace “at” with “@”).
• Periodic emails from “The Ancona School” regarding community-wide events and initiatives.
• A welcome letter from your child(ren)’s teacher over the summer.
• In the fall, expect to receive an introductory email from your room parent(s). Room parents are a critical resource to many new families. They support the classroom teacher with announcements, activities and overall community engagement.
• Emails from your child(ren)’s teacher(s) directed toward the parents in their class(es)
• An invitation to order prepared lunches from the Gourmet Gorilla service.
Classroom websites that are password protected and teacher maintained allow you to connect to your child’s learning experience is a click away. View photos, units of study, homework assignments and more. Expect an invitation with login credentials in early July, or if starting mid-year, shortly after you submit your contract.
An interactive guide that provides an in-depth look at what we teach, who we teach, and how we teach.
Check the calendar for important dates and events. If you use an electronic calendar, be sure to subscribe to the calendar feed.
It doesn’t take long after you are enrolled to begin receiving our newsletter, sent weekly via email throughout the school year. Some of these updates are also available on our blog and in your My Ancona newsfeed.
Supplemental Learning Resources
As a benefit to Ancona families, supplemental online resources such as World Book Encyclopedia, Lexia, and Dreambox are available to use throughout the school year. You will be provided with the access codes upon the start of school. Programs will also be accessible through your My Ancona login.
The after school page will get you started on registering for after school and other exciting programming.
Visit the athletics page to get started with sports and athletics at Ancona.
We can’t do it without your help! Find out how you can get involved on our Volunteer page.
The family directory is searchable by parent name, student name, grade level, or homeroom. While your name probably isn’t in the directory yet, please do make sure that you are listed correctly after your child begins.
We appreciate your support!