The Student Support Team (SST) is excited to announce a number of group opportunities to our student community. Groups are terrific opportunities for students to share experiences, thoughts, and feelings around a shared theme or topic in a protected and supportive environment. Groups will meet for a limited number of sessions, and be organized with what makes most sense for each child developmentally. They will be scheduled via collaboration with the SST and teachers so as not to conflict with the academic and social needs of the students. Insofar as we have had such group opportunities in the past, they have been popular with both kids and parents.
The following groups are being offered now at Ancona:
- Ancona School GPS: Learning the to Navigate Your New School
- Let’s Be Friends: Friendship/Social Skills
- Getting Rightside Up When Life Is Upside Down: Families in Flux
- Footprints: Coping with Grief and Loss
- Keeping It Cool: Coping with Anxiety and Stress
- Si, se puede! Yes we can! Improving Self-Esteem
If you feel that your child may benefit from one or more of these group opportunities, please click on the interest form. Teachers may also recommend students for particular groups, and we imagine that some children will recommend themselves. Parents will always be notified before a child is invited to join a particular group. For more information about how a group experience might benefit your child, please feel free to contact the school counselor, Tony Gleason.