The Ancona School is proud of its historic commitment to educating an economically, culturally, and racially diverse population of children; tuition assistance plays an important role in that commitment. Ancona offers tuition assistance as a way to fill the gap between the cost of tuition and what a family, broadly defined, can reasonably be expected to pay. New families who qualify for tuition assistance should expect to receive no more than 50% of the cost of tuition in assistance.
We partner with School and Student Services (SSS) by NAIS to facilitate the tuition assistance process. The first step in applying for tuition assistance at Ancona is to complete SSS’s Parents’ Financial Statement (PFS). We use the information from the PFS as a starting point, but also consider our school policy, practices, and available budget when making tuition assistance decisions.
We will communicate our tuition assistance decision to you.
Tuition Assistance Timeline
- PFS applications open for all families. To start the process:
- Go to https://sss.secure.force.com/familyportal
- Create your PFS Online account with your email address and a password. If you are a current Ancona family and applied for financial aid last year, simply login to the PFS Online as a Returning Family, using the email address and password you set up last year.
- Begin a PFS for Academic Year 2022-2023. You can log out of the PFS Online at any time and return later to complete your application.
- Make sure to name Ancona as one of the recipients of the PFS by using our full school name—The Ancona School— and our school code 1289
- Pay the $55 nonrefundable application fee. Once your PFS is submitted, it cannot be withdrawn from the SSS system.
- PFS application due. The following documents and forms must also be uploaded to your PFS application for it to be considered complete. Some tax documents require verification, which can take up to 48 hours, so please plan accordingly.
- 4506-T Form
- Your family’s 2020 state and federal income tax return documents. 2021 W2 and/or 1099 forms must be uploaded by February 4, 2022.
- Ancona’s Supplemental Tuition Assistance Application
- How to submit required documents:
- Prepare your documents to be uploaded. Make sure the documents are on your computer, each saved as a separate file. Remove any security or password protection from your document files.
- Log in to the PFS online and navigate to the My Documents tab
- On the My Documents page, you will see an upload button or a hyperlink next to a specific document name in the “Required Documents” section of the PFS. Click either the upload button or the hyperlink and follow the prompts to name, locate and save the file.
- 2021 W-2 and/or 1099 forms uploaded to your PFS/SSS application
- Tuition Assistance award notifications sent to returning Ancona families
- 2022-2023 enrollment contracts sent to returning Ancona families
- Tuition Assistance award notifications sent to new Ancona families
- 2022-2023 enrollment contracts sent to new Ancona families
Though the Tuition Assistance application process is the same for all students, some deadlines may differ for returning Ancona students and new Ancona students. Returning Ancona Students: Any student who is returning to Ancona for the 2023-2024 school year, regardless of previous Tuition Assistance status. New Ancona Students: A student that is new to the Ancona School, including siblings of current students.
PFS Completion Policy: We require the PFS, including all required tax documents, from each of a child’s parents. Divorced, separated or never married parents must each complete the PFS. Simply stating that one parent cannot or will not contribute to tuition will disqualify your application. If the whereabouts of the second parent are unknown, you must submit a notarized statement from a qualified 3rd party (attorney, clergyman, mental health professional, etc.) verifying the circumstances.