When you log in for the first time, you will see a notification message indicating that you have three forms to fill out. These are the Medical Form, the Media Permissions and Transportation Form, and the Emergency Contacts and Authorized Pickups Form. These forms can be filled out online and digitally signed by anyone listed as a parent. Please coordinate with your spouse, as forms only need to be filled once per student.
You’ll also want to take a moment to adjust your privacy settings if you’d like fine-tuned control over who can see certain parts of your profile.
The school will continue to communicate need-to-know items and weekly newsletters directly via email, but now you can also subscribe to be notified about certain events and updates to My Ancona by adjusting your notification settings. You are especially encouraged to check the box next to News Posted so that you’ll receive updates about all the wonderful things happening in your child(ren)’s classrooms starting in the fall.
- Visit classroom pages that view syllabi (1st grade and up), classroom resources, expectations, news, photos, and videos.
- View your child(ren)’s assignments
- View your child(ren)’s gradebook with assignment scores (7th/8th only)
- View transcripts (7th/8th only)
- View a roster displaying the teachers of a class along with their contact info as well as a list of enrolled students
- View your chid(ren)’s schedule
- Download files related to your child(ren)
- View attendance information
- Edit your child’s Contact Card
- View conduct records [still up in the air how this will be used]
- View a combined calendar that shows upcoming assignments, events specific to your child(ren), and daily schedules alongside the Ancona Events calendar
- Subscribe to the combined calendar, or hand-pick which event types to subscribe to.
- This is a central hub for links to information you need as a parent
- Library pages and resources
- Sign-ups for after school, before school, music lessons, and other extracurricular activities
- School guidelines
- View news that is specific to you and your family, such as announcements from your child(ren)’s classrooms
- Selected community-wide news (from our weekly newsletters) will also appear in your news feed
- Various groups organized by faculty, staff, or parents (i.e. ANTS) will their own pages and rosters for sharing info, photos, and more.
- Student, Parent, and Faculty directories that allow you to search by grade level, advisory, etc.
- View contact cards that include a detailed bio and photo, or simply find their contact info.
- Print a directory based on your search
In order to avoid miscommunication, It’s always best to communicate directly with both your child and their teacher if someone other than a parent will be picking up. Please send an email to gro.l1531894710oohcs1531894710anocn1531894710a@ecn1531894710adnet1531894710ta1531894710 or call the main office if someone other than a parent will be picking up your child from after school.
LOGIN AND ACCESS
- Start by making sure you are visiting the right address: https://my.anconaschool.org
- Click the Forgot login/password or First time logging in? link. The system will ask you for your email address—make sure to enter the email address you have on file with Ancona. Then, it will ask you if you need help remembering your username, your password, or both
- You should then receive an email that will allow you to view your username and/or reset your password as needed.
- Didn’t get an email? Check your junk/spam folder. The email will come from the address *protected email*, so be sure to and add this email to your address book or contact list.
- No longer have access to the email address on file with Ancona? You will receive an on-screen message letting you know to send an email to gro.l1531894710oohcs1531894710anocn1531894710a@rar1531894710tsige1531894710r1531894710. The Registrar will reset your password to a temporary password, which will allow you to get into your account and change your email address on file.
As a parent, you can adjust your privacy settings to have fine-tuned control over exactly which information of yours is visible to other types of users. Sensitive information (i.e. medical conditions) on student profiles is set to only be shared with people who need to know. When adding sensitive information, you as a parent can choose which roles should be allowed to view this, although the school may restrict this further to comply with HIPAA and FERPA guidelines.
The information in The Ancona Family Directory is intended for the private use of our families. Information should be used only for personal (i.e. birthday parties, play dates, etc.) and school-related (i.e. pot lucks, room parents, volunteers, etc.) business. The information herein may not be used for parent business or advocacy nor may it be distributed to third parties. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation.
There are security measures in place that will alert us if a member of the community fails to comply with this policy. Failure to comply may result in suspension of access to the diretory and/or other punitive measures.
The Directory tool is found on the top navigation bar of the site. While the basic functionality is fairly intuitive, here are some key advanced features:
- Controls on the right of the search results let you filter based on grade level (parents and students, faculty), homeroom (students), and department (faculty)
- You may download a printable version of the results of a search (not available on the student directory)
- The search results can be displayed in “list view”, “grid view”, or “map view”. In order to view an individual’s information, it’s useful to view their Contact Card by clicking the Options button (sometimes denoted with three dots) and selecting “Contact Card”
- You can add people to your contacts, which lets you pull up a quick list of friends and/or teachers who you’d like to look up often using My Contacts under the Directories menu.
PLATFORM AND CONTENT
New families will have a smoother experience, as our admissions applications and contracts will all be housed in My Ancona. Returning parents will be able to use their My Ancona account to fill out contracts, and information will flow seamlessly into SmartTuition accounts. Forms will allow us to make sure that we’ve got the right information on file, and will make the process smoother on both the parent end and the school’s end
Alternatively, you can also look at the Calendar view, which includes student assignments. By toggling off the other calendar items, you’ll get a clear view your child’s assignments. To get more details on a particular assignment, simply click on it.
Note that while all students 3rd-8th grade will be able to log into My Ancona to view their assignments, teachers at different levels often encourage them to keep track of assignments using a paper organizer or homework sheet.
The calendar in My Ancona allows you to not only view school-wide events, but also person-specific calendars reflecting schedules, assignments, and course and/or group events. If you prefer to only see a certain set of events, you can use the “Save View” option.
There are also powerful ways to subscribe to all or some of the calendars. The “Calendar Feed” portion of this documentation describes how get the link for your preferred set of feeds. Once you’ve copied the desired feed URL, follow one of the sets of instructions below to have the calendar feed show up on your desired platform Be sure to use the option for “subscribe” rather than “import” to make sure you’ll continue to get updated events, and not just what’s there at the moment.
PROFILE, SETTINGS, and UPDATING INFORMATION
In most cases, families living in the same home are set up to share certain information, addresses and home phone numbers; changing these joint settings for one family member will update the information for all members of the family. You can also edit certain information in your child’s profile. If you have trouble, please email *protected email*.
As we make the transition, we are asking for some of these sign-offs again to ensure that the information is stored in such a way that it will allow us to easily update it going forward.
Teachers will send you emails directly from their school email accounts. It’s a good idea to add their email addresses to your address book early in the school year to make sure important emails don’t get filtered into your spam folder. Sometimes, teachers will send emails to parents of a whole class using special group email addresses managed by Ancona. In those cases, parents will only be able to reply to the teacher and not the group as a whole.
Newsletters and All-School Emails
All current parents should receive weekly newsletters, as well as other as-needed community-wide communications from the school. These will come from gro.l1531894710oohcs1531894710anocn1531894710a@ofn1531894710i1531894710 (most often) or moc.p1531894710paloo1531894710hcsym1531894710@looh1531894710csano1531894710cna1531894710. Please save these two email addresses in your contacts or address book to ensure emails don’t go to your spam folder. While it is possible opt out or unsubscribe from these school-wide emails, we advise against it as they will often contain important, time-sensitive information.
If you opt in to receive News notifications from My Ancona, you will get an email whenever a teacher posts a news item to their classroom page. Whether you sign up for notifications or not, it’s always a good idea to check in on your child(ren)’s class pages regularly, as teachers may post updates that are not marked specifically as News.
Certain items such as progress reports and class assignments that require individualized content will be sent out from the gro.l1531894710oohcs1531894710anocn1531894710a@rar1531894710tsige1531894710r1531894710 address. The front desk staff and tech team monitor this account.